Arbitration is generally viewed as the preferred method of commercial dispute resolution. The seminar speakers address the advantages of arbitration over other dispute resolution mechanisms and share experiences as to the enforcement of arbitral awards in Finland, Germany and Russia.
The new Rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Finland Chamber of Commerce and the activities of the Chinese European Arbitration Centre (CEAC) are addressed as recent developments of interest. The Seminar topics are of value to all corporations with business interests in Finland, Germany, Russia or China.
- 8.30: Breakfast Buffet
- 9.00: Opening of the Seminar
Jussi Ikonen, Partner, Merilampi Attorneys Ltd.
- 9.10: Benefits of Arbitration Compared to Other Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
Antti Karanko, Specialist Counsel, Merilampi Attorneys Ltd.
- 9.30: New Rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Finland Chamber of Commerce
Paula Paloranta, Secretary General, The Arbitration Institute of the Finland Chamber of Commerce
- 10.00: Coffee Break
- 10.15: The Chinese European Arbitration Centre (CEAC) in Hamburg as a New Forum for the Resolution of Disputes with Chinese Parties
Dr. Dominik Ziegenhahn, Member of the CEAC Advisory Board, Vice President, the Chinese European Legal Association (CELA), Partner, GvW Graf von Westphalen
- 10.45: Enforcement of International Arbitration Awards - Experiences from Germany, Finland and Russia
Felix Prozorov-Bastians, Partner, GvW Graf von Westphalen
Harri Jussila, Specialist Counsel, Merilampi Attorneys Ltd.
Sign up: email@example.com or Outi Santtila, tel. +358 9 6864 8441.